First few days

The first few days in Mumbai and Aurangabad have been fantastic. The tour guides and organizers have done a great job of making the trip as comprehensive and efficient as possible and I have been more than satisfied with our agenda. There’s always something to do!

Our first day in Colaba consisted of shopping at Fabindia (Indian chain store retailing ethnic products handmade by craftspeople across rural India – see below for the stuff I bought!!), touring the neighborhood, historical buildings, and landmarks, having lunch at a delicious vegetarian fast food restaurant followed by free time and dinner.

Tuesday we visited Elephanta and Wednesday we visited Ajanta. Everyone has done a great job presenting their findings and I am really looking forward to tomorrow’s visit to the Kailasa temple! I have been waiting for this moment for a very long time and I am ready to experience Shiva’s beautiful abode.

Lastly, having Professor Kaimal’s colleagues join us at the caves has been incredible as they provide us with additional information, answers to our questions, and of course, guidance and inspiration to explore the art and architecture in the best way possible. A big thank you goes out to them.

Below you can find photos from our visits at Elephanta and Ajanta as well as scenes from the hotel and restaurants. The photos are in no particular order. Enjoy!