The Unknown is Confusing… and VERY Exciting.

Sometimes it is difficult to get excited about things before they happen, especially if I am not sure of what to expect. That is a bit how I feel about India. Don’t get me wrong — I am, in fact, excited. However, for all that I learned in class, there is so much more left unknown. The cave, temple, and stupa monuments that we studied are only a TINY portion of Mumbai and Aurangabad, and a far smaller portion of the entire country. So, with so many questions unanswered, so much exploring to be done, and so many experiences remaining to enjoy, the question of about what I exactly I should be excited remains unanswered.

What I am excited about is putting an answer to some of the questions and filling in the blanks in my understanding of India. Amidst the many isolated and stagnant monuments that we studied in class is a dynamic and unique Indian culture to which I am entirely foreign. I cannot wait to feel the culture that we have been studying for the entire semester. I have a good feeling that I will be most excited once this feeling begins and want to explore as much as possible.

So now, nearly exactly 24 hours before arriving at the airport, it is time for me to start packing. See everyone soon!