Excitement Before India

I want to start off this post by stating that I hold the same excitement that many of my classmates have previously shared about going to India. However, the way I have been dealing with this excitement has been somewhat obsessive. Over the past couple of days, I’ve spent most of my free time looking for anything relating to India online. I have looked at everything from youtube vlogs to random photographs people took on their trips. The purpose of this was to gather as much information as possible so that I would be prepared for all the things I could see and do once I actually get there. I feared that I would miss out on experiencing something incredible because I didn’t do enough research on the places we would be staying.

My case of “fear of missing out” put an overwhelming pressure on me that I did not know how to deal with. After exhausting myself with endless researching, I realized that the only way that I would be able to genuinely enjoy being in India was to not rush from place to place with the goal of seeing all that I possibly could. Instead, I should leisurely bask in all the sites, sounds, and tastes around me. With that in mind, I can not wait for all the amazing memories I am going to make in an breathtaking environment alongside such wonderful peers.