Fast approaching

With the holiday season safely over and our trip almost upon us, I feel a similar sentiment to many of my classmates: excitement and disbelief. I have been looking forward to this trip all semester and the prospect of seeing the sites that we have studied made learning about them even more interesting. Even so, I still cannot fathom the fact that I will return to Colgate on Friday to begin our travels to India. As I often feel while traveling, be it to ski destinations, a whirlwind month around Europe after senior year, or flying to London for a long weekend this fall, it takes waking up in the new location for it to feel real. No amount of preparation, day dreaming, packing, or even travel makes it sink in quite like waking up in an unfamiliar place does.

Building on my research, it will be interesting to see some of the Jain sites that I learned about and saw through opposing perspectives of magnitude and importance as well as many of the places we spent more time on in class and examined closely.

With that I should start to think about packing and prepare to wake up on our first morning in Mumbai ready for a great experience.